Sunday, October 30, 2011

Why I Laugh EVERY Day ...

Friday:

The kid who always wants company EVERYwhere she goes, including the next room, the bathroom ... you name it, out of the blue, runs to the washroom and not only closes the door, she LOCKS it. She then calls for me ....
Cadence: Mom, how long before bedtime?
Me: An hour and a half. Cadence, why did you lock the door?
Cadence: (with absolute attitude) 'Cause I'm going to the bathroom!!!!


Saturday:

I was reviewing her RESP and considering increasing the contributions then I asked the all important question, "Cadence, do you think you will go to university or college someday?". At first she said no, then yes, then she asked, "Mom, will I have to live with boys?" After assuring her she would NOT be living with boys she decided she would go to university or college. Guess I'll be increasing those payments!

Tonight:

After performing a naked dance, the little ham sat on the toilet, raised her arms in the air, shook her fists and began making grunting screamlike noises. I asked what she was doing. Her response, "I'm trying to get all the gunk out!". She thought she was pretty funny and continued her 'performance'. I have to agree!

She really has brought more joy to my life than I ever imagined! It's these simple moments that I treasure and am so thankful for ......

No comments: