Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Decking the Halls ....


Okay ... 'tis the season to be jolly ... no? Not here! I forget every year just how much work is involved in 'decking the halls'... and to be perfectly honest ... I have been miserable! Up the stairs, down the stairs, boxes everywhere ... I just absolutely detest the clutter I find myself amongst ... it drives me CRAZY!!!!!! I came to the point where I didn't even want Sean to talk to me or come anywhere near the chaos ... I needed to deal with on my own - just me and the chaos, head to head. And now, at this moment, after 2 days of ranting ...... PEACE!!! Ahhh, peace, order and a cup of tea ... now, I'm happy ........ well, almost!
Perhaps part of my misery is deeply rooted in the underlying issue that we do not have 'her' to share the holiday with us this season. We were 100% certain that this Christmas there would be the pitter patter of little feet, milk and cookies for Santa, little hands tearing into wrapping paper, etc., etc., AND of course .... the Christmas tree!!! Instead we can only assure ourselves that 'she' WILL be here next year and that this WILL be her last Christmas without a family, without tradition, without joy AND so ....
the Christmas tree will remain in its box, unopened ... awaiting 'her' as will the beautiful ornament you see!!! Thank you Nancy ..... it is beautiful and we truly can't wait to see it where it belongs!!!!

2 comments:

The luckiest mommy in the world said...

Just got your message on my blog. Thank you thank you thank you for following my blog. I am sooooo excited this morning.

Deb from Alliston :-)

The luckiest mommy in the world said...

Email me privately if you want

debbie.ingram@sympatico.ca since we are almost neighbours

Deb