Monday, November 27, 2006

I'm a Survivor!


Well, I did it ... I survived a full day (12 hours) with a "toddler"! I have to say, my neice Olivia was a treat!!!! I was expecting some grief for the first while, or at least at nap times ... definitely when we went back to Olivia's house to let Zoe out and she
then realized ... "hmmm, no mommy or daddy here either" ... BUT, there was none of that! She was happy and lovable the whole time ... didn't even notice mommy was gone ... sorry mommy!!! I even managed to put together a turkey dinner for a pre-Christmas family celebration ... move aside Martha! Actually, I have to admit I had some help along the way ... thank you all!!! Thank you Olivia for needing a bottle and some 'quiet time" before bed ... right when dishes needed doing!

Of course there were lessons to be learned along the way .... some that will be harder than others but I say .....BRING IT ON!!!

Top 10 Lessons:

1. Cheerios were made by God.
2. Winston will settle down ... eventually ... I think!
3. A big thick blanket makes a great coffee table cover.
4. Smiles and cute poses occur AFTER the flash has gone off.
5. Babies love to be naked ... like a few friends I know.
6. I can live with SOME mess ... I think!
7. My 'typical' dinner parties will be a thing of the past ... KD anyone?
8. Nap times are a must ... I have things to do too you know!
9. I'm going to need to do some serious redecorating ... toddler friendly!
10. I think I'm ready ............

Winston, on the other hand, is a whole other story! Check him out, post Olivia ....

No comments: