Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Week Behind ...

Mother's Day

First and foremost, I must share that I am eternally grateful that I am able to participate in this day as both daughter and mother. For many it can be a dark day ... I do know that!

My dear sweet beauty (in cooperation with her awesome dad) treated me to breakfast in bed ... my one and only request for the day (well ... not quite!). She prepared coffee, hot cinnamon buns and fresh blueberries ... all served with a smile!

Beautiful fresh cut flowers, along with another gorgeous smile awaited me in the kitchen:

The plan for the rest of the day: mom was to have the day to leisurely shop for her real present ... some new furniture for the porch. Mom ended up with 'company' in tow! How can you say no to, "Mom, can I come with you? Pretty please? I really want to!" After all, she is the reason I get to enjoy this, of all calendar days!
We ended up having a great afternoon and we got to go to McDonald's (it's where she wanted to take me for Mother's Day dinner!). And as could only be truly fitting, we enjoyed Chinese dinner ordered in!
It was a fabulous day! Thank you Cadence (and Sean!). I love you guys more than words can express .....

The Arrival of Spring

Spring has FINALLY arrived here ... it was a long wait! It is so nice to be able to wear some bright, cheerful colours. Speaking of cheerful .... NOT:

Just kidding!:

Spring, unfortunately also means work ... here's a job we weren't planning on:

A company quoted us $500 to restake the tree....
Tree is gone ... 'nuff said!

No comments: