Monday, January 21, 2008

Bronchitis = Setbacks ...

Cadence hadn't been feeling well at the end of last week and my gut instinct told me to call our family doctor ... but, I didn't listen. After a horrible Friday night (up just about every half hour), Sean took her to a local clinic, where she was quickly diagnosed with bronchitis and prescribed antibiotics. She has been SICK!
I don't know whether some of her 'behaviour' Saturday evening was her illness, or simply the 'toddler' emerging! She has dropped items of food for Winston on occasion ... quite a few actually, but on this particular night ... when the whole family was over for a nice dinner, she was literally FLINGING her meatballs and ravioli as far as she could, then standing up in her highchair and attempting to stand on the tray! My goodness!!!! Needless to say, she (and I) ate very little. Sleeping has been BRUTAL ... and I can't blame her! Besides the incessant cough she is also horribly stuffed up ... the wee thing can't breathe ... period! Now, I've neglected to tell you my latest attempts at getting her to 'learn to sleep on her own' ... well, it WAS working for a few days ... but last night ... nothing worked! She wanted OUT of that prison: the crib! I knew I had to stand my ground and not give in ... if I did, ALL would be lost. Let me tell you, I am losing at this game I call, Survivor China! I have tried to outwit, outlast and outplay her, but I fear she will be victorious. I cringe when I tell you ... I ... let her cry ... a lot! Most of the time I was in the room with her ... in my 'new bed', but after about 45 minutes, I left the room and gave her some 'space' ... okay, gave myself some space! Within another 20 minutes of the screaming, I went back in and she immediately laid down, I laid down and we slept ... for a while! I feel terrible knowing she is under the weather and all, but I just don't know what to try next. I fear we are in for another night, like the last one ... the game is on!
Check out my new bed ...
Any guesses???

2 comments:

geminirn said...

Oh No!!!!That bed does not look comfy at all(at first i thought it was a sun lounger),hope this does not go on much longer.Hope your little cutie feels better soon.

PennyWolfe said...

That is no fun at all. We never had going to bed issues with #1 or #2. Sleep...that's another story. Have you given her toys? We used to give Lucy those small board books and she'd "read" then go to sleep. They like to be in control and if they believe they are, life goes much smoother. Good luck and I hope you get some good advice!