Sunday, January 27, 2008

Daycare and Sitters and Road Trips ... OH MY!!!

It has been another busy week here and luckily our little monkey is on the mend from her bronchitis ... not 100%, but close!
The week started off with some disappointing news (for me!). Although I had secured daycare (in November) for the future and was SUPPOSED to meet with "Bonnie" after the holidays, she contacted me, talked my ear off for a half an hour, and ended the conversation by telling me the one year olds she has aren't walking yet and she's feeling overwhelmed and doesn't know why she told me she could take Cadence on, yadda, yadda ... WHAT???? Are you kidding me??? Cadence is walking, she is starting to talk, she's bloody brilliant I tell you! Oh, I was so mad ... but in hindsight, I must believe everything happens for a reason and so ... the search was on again! Luckily I found someone who sounds great the next day and we will all meet her tomorrow ... keep your fingers crossed ... I will NOT relinquish my girl to just anyone!
Sean and I also left Cadence with ... a babysitter!!! Yes, we actually planned to attend a function together and leave our girl with a more than capable teenager. It was tense at first ... Cadence cried every two minutes before we left and wailed upon our departure! I was sure Maddison would phone, as instructed, within 20-30 minutes if Cadence hadn't calmed down. But after an hour ... no such call! By the time I was allowed by the others to call home, Maddison assured me they were laughing and playing and having a great time ... WHEW!!!! Maddison ... you rock ... thank you so much ... you have NO idea how relieved we are to know that Cadence can manage without us!
And on Saturday morning, I whisked Cadence away for an overnighter to visit her Godmother. She travelled well and behaved as well as only a toddler can ... I am sure Jody will be tidying cupboards and ziplock bags for days! But on a very positive note, she was totally sociable and well adjusted the whole time! Of course, the fact that we shared a bed made sleeping great ... except for tonight ... but I expected that!
Well, that's really about all ... here are a few random pics from the week.
Have I mentioned I HATE my camera ... HATE, HATE, HATE my camera!!! I miss just about every smile and cute expression going ... in fact, I typically get the side or back of Cadence's head. Sean says he'll look into a new one for me for my birthday ... any suggestions would be welcomed!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! She's reading Jane Green! My kind of girl!

~Kristen said...

OMG... i can't focus on anything other than the fact that she's reading my favorite book!!! I'm a Jane Green ADDICT. her books are my guilty pleasure!!!

I'm so glad to see she is feeling better... and that you had a night out with a capable babysitter at home... ALWAYS take care of you... ya know... If Momma ain't happy...

and feel free to steal anything from my blog!! haha that was a funny one!

PennyWolfe said...

Good luck getting a sitter. I imagine that is very stressful right now!! In fact, I hated the process so much I decided to stay home full time! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Oh the dreaded babysitter search - I feel your frustration!! My sitter did the very same thing to me in December - and I'm returning to work in 2 weeks...I felt a little pressed for time! But like you said, everything happens for a reason and I know you (just as we did) will find someone wonderful to take care of your girl!

Cassie

Hubbard Family said...

I love those little pink P.J.'s!!! Can't believe how big she is already. Hope everything works out for you guys with childcare...it is a stressful time.
Amanda

Gina (Caleeo) said...

Sorry to hear about your childcare woes. Good luck. The pictures, despite camera difficulties, are wonderful. Such a cute little girl!