Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Number Nineteen


Not only is this Sean's "number" it is also the number of months old Cadence is today!!! By my calculations we have now had Cadence for 1/2 her life ... she was 9 and 1/2 months old when we met her in China on September 3rd. I am amazed at how much she has accomplished and grown in this time. She understands everything we say ... EVERYTHING ... although she doesn't particularly always 'obey' ... imagine that! She has well over 60 words and is putting short phrases together. She is FULL of personality ... except when I take her to unfamiliar places (and my school for some reason!) She is SMART! I began a post entitled Misbehaving and Manners to share a little of her latest antics ... I'll scrap it and share here! My little darling will at times wander off and then I'll hear it ... "chank chou!" She has been in my purse or my dresser and has something she clearly knows she shouldn't ... but she politely thanks me for it ... little monkey!!! It is soooo hard to disciple such a polite little soul! She can now reach all the doorknobs, although she does not yet have the strength and height to turn them ... it's only a matter of time! Fear not ... they are toddler proofed! We are also back to being able to put her to sleep on her own ... thank goodness! Cadence really is just pure joy ... I can only imagine what the next months will bring!

1 comment:

PennyWolfe said...

Wow! That's impressive. We can understand a couple of words from Lisa but that's it. She is a little behind where Lucy was at this stage for talking and that sort of development, but as far as dexterity and agility, I swear she's ahead of where Lucy is at now! We used to be able to tell Lucy the toys were "broken" but Lisa she flips them over and turns the switches back on. We had our first instance of sliding a stool to the counter to climb on to reach Mom's camera gear...Got to watch this sly one! Quiet and Curious! LOL!