Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Back to Normal

Cadence is feeling pretty much back to her old self and thus life is almost back to normal around here! We did anticipate some difficulty getting her back into her own bed, but surprisingly she did quite well Monday and Tuesday. Of course we were proactive ... me in my usual 'spot' and daddy 'in the rocking chair' on the first night ... but hey, it worked. Oddly enough, when I went to put her down tonight, she whined for a bit and said, "I sleep in mommy and daddy's bed." Ah, no ... you don't ... nice try sweetie! As much as I do love snuggling up, and know how soon those days will fade, I also know it is the right thing to halt this now ... we can still do our 'thing' in the mornings ... sometimes, the very early mornings!
With the holiday season well upon us, I've taken little photos ... in fact I don't think I've taken any in a week! By now though most of you should have received this:

I was happy to include both these photos. I thought she looked so old in the smiling one, yet the standing shot seemed to capture more of her toddler image ... plus I really wanted the dress in full too. I had originally planned to order about 30 ... turned out I had to order at least 50 ... good thing ... I only have 2 left!
Well, I really am ready for the holidays ... everything is bought and wrapped, the house is decorated, (the cleaning lady comes Friday!) and let's face it ... heading home to mom means I don't have to cook or bake! All that is left is to pack our bags and try to fit everything into the truck ... that should prove to be a feat itself!
To date, this has been a very exciting start to the holiday ... Cadence has lit our little corner of the world with her joy! She literally was jumping up and down chanting "my Christmas tree!" when it was all set up and she is totally into watching "Christmas specials"! We had to laugh when we realized her impatience had to do with the fact that she's never watched a program that had commercials in it! I am looking forward to enjoying it all and capturing as much of it as I can ...
We've a few Christmas parties this weekend (four to be precise) so there should be some photos next week ... probably ... likely ... maybe!!!
Cheers!

1 comment:

~Robyn (www.dimsumanddoughnuts.com) said...

That holiday card is GORGEOUS!I couldn't go without posting a comment about it. Also, I'm glad that Cadence is feeling better. There is nothing worse than a sick kid...for her and YOU. :)