Sunday, December 7, 2008

Rough Days ... Rougher Nights!

I know ... there has been a lack of posts this week! There has also been a lack of clean bedding, sleep, patience and confidence. The good news ... I THINK we are on the mend. At least I am hoping so! Although, there are other issues to work on as a result, I'm afraid.
The shorter version of events goes something like this:

-weeks probably of runny nose and cough
-cough inducing vomiting during the nap 2 days in a row
-day 3 - repeated vomiting at bed time (seems to be brought on by coughing at bedtime)
-day 4 - doctor says, "healthy", but does prescribe a short term antibiotic ... bedtime ... Treehouse to 2am, screaming til 3:00
-day 5 - seems better but WILL NOT sleep in crib at all no matter what, reluctantly goes to bed at 10:15, wakes coughing 30 minutes later, small amount of ... ya you know what, brought up
-day 6 - wakes up CRANKY, will not be soothed for an hour, head to clinic, right ear VERY inflamed, throat mildly inflamed, some rattling on the right side to follow up on in a week (not quite pneumonia yet!)
WTF!!!!!

Bottom line, today's doctor says, she's not well ... you don't say!!!! On a good note, he at least prescribed the same meds as our family doctor. I just don't know where to go with this. Obviously, I am feeling a HUGE lack of confidence in my family doctor ... but GOOD luck to anyone trying to find a doctor these days! I'm thinking perhaps of asking for a pediatric referral????
Although Cadence seems to be better right now (post 3 hour nap and 3 pancakes ... yay!), I am afraid of what bedtime will bring. Sean and I think she may be freaked out now by the puking and associate it with going to bed in her crib. Looks like we will be starting back at square one in a way .... argh!!!!

On the lighter side: this week's language ... "Doing mommy?" in the form of a question for everything and when I answer she says, "Oh!", like she gets it! She's too cute (except when she's sick ... which explains the lack of photos too!).

2 comments:

Gina (Caleeo) said...

That sounds just awful. I hope things are improving. I am interested to hear if you got her back in the crib. Our last big illness was the end to our crib.

The "doing mommy"? is soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Deb and Sean. It's so awful when your little one is sick.
Thanks for the beautiful Christmas card. What gorgeous photos of Cadence.
Heidi