Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Myth

I have discovered a myth this weekend. A myth I often proclaimed myself. I now know better: 'One' is not, necessarily 'easy'! In fact, I'd like to go on record to say that one can often take on even MORE energy than 2 (or more!). Yep, I'm saying it and I'm backing it up ... Cadence NEEDS constant attention. She loves to play ... doctor, baby, playdough, tea party ... among her favourites. BUT, she can rarely play alone and who can blame her?! How can you resist, "Come on mom, come here and play!" or "Daddy come downstairs and play with me". Neither of us can ... and ... it's exhausting! Wouldn't trade it for anything, but sure envy those who can say, "Go play with your sister!"

And MOMENTS that made us smile this weekend ...

Hands on Hips

After dinner, Cadence got down off her chair and went to her 'kitchen' where most of her dishes and food were scattered on the floor. With hands on her hips she exclaimed, "Someone made a mess! Daddy, you make the mess?". She's a stinker!

Clever

Cadence in pjs is flying around the mainfloor with her baby in the stroller ... "I take her for a walk outside". Sean and I are taking a 2 minute rest in the great room 'cause she has spent the day exhausting us. I hear 'noise' and ask Sean, "What is she doing?". He tells me she is throwing stuff. GREAT!! This time I go in, with 'hands on hips' and ask her about what is going on. She says, "It's windy!". Okay kid ... you win! Man she amazes me!

3 comments:

Gina (Caleeo) said...

LOL what creativity with the wind! That is a wonderful story!

Jan said...

Goodness....The wind!!! LOL!!! Smart little fortune cookie!! VERY CLEVER, Miss Cadence!!!! Just gotta love her!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Cadence is quite the character and yes very CLEVER! Maya is the same way about play. She doesn't play by herself much either. That's why I have given in to videos. She will sit and watch Barney or Elmo.