Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Woulda Rathera Been at Work ... and then ...


Cadence is sick today ... bad cold! She's been stuffed up for the past few days, coughing some and not sleeping well ... the rest of us too for that matter (the sleeping I mean). At 6:30 we were discussing whether I should stay home with her (Sean couldn't today and I can't tomorrow) ... I mean, what can you do for a cold? And then her nose started bleeding ... so that was it ... I decided it would be a home day! The nose bleed stopped around 10ish and for the most part Cadence was happy and energetic ... I pumped her with chicken soup, orange juice and wiped her nose 1000 times. We had a nice steamy shower and all indications were that there would be a nap today and mommy could get a few things done around here (I am in that anxiety mode where I feel like I have way too much to do). N O P E !!!! That was NOT to be! She downright refused to nap, wouldn't even lay down to watch a Dora video ... I tried, believe me I tried. And then, to top things off, Winston started hacking and HE puked up disgusting yellow, carpet staining bile .... 4 times!!!! AND while I was attempting to clean it up, Cadence was drawing with crayons ... on the wall and front door and windows!!!!
It was at this point I realized I could have been at work, where I am also feeling completely behind, and could have caught up in the afternoon, while all the kids I would see were gone skating! I had even planned to come home for lunch to vacuum and clean the toilets! So all in all I was feeling miserable and sorry for myself ... and then ... Oprah came on. She introduced a woman who
had her arms and legs amputated 4 weeks after giving birth to her daughter. I have NOTHING to complain about! 'Nuff said!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh... what a day! I'm just like you! I think things are tough and then I realize how easy and wonderful my life really is!

Between you and I- the nap issue would've frustrated me too! And... coloring on the walls. Oh no!

Jan said...

Yipees!!
What a day!!
Hang in there!!
Hugs!!

PennyWolfe said...

We have a crayola only rule here. Washes off floors walls dining room tables chairs French doors. Yeah. Been there. Cleaned that. LOL.

Perspective is a great thing. I've really tried hard to work on mine this past year. Although pet-puke stains on the carpet puts me over the edge. (The colouring I've got used to. LOL!!)