Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Good, The Bad and ... the Ugly

Friday night, we were literally about 5 - 10 minutes away from bed, when the phone rang. It was my brother, who RARELY calls, so I took advantage of the chance to catch up. This pushed snack and bed back a bit. Snack was given at the breakfast bar while I continued with my conversation. My squirmy girl ended up slipping off the barstool and ... there was blood EVERYWHERE! After a couple of moments of panic, I was able to determine I was only dealing with a bit lip ... THANK GOODNESS! That was the bad ... the fat lip was the ugly!!! Although, I have to say, it wasn't as bad as I think it could have been!
The good was the rest of the weekend ... beautiful weather, good food and great friends and family!
We had a lovely dinner party to celebrate Cadence's birthday ... the main entre, compliments of Uncle Mike! There were presents, loot bags, games, crafts and a movie to quiet things down.





Thanks everyone for coming, especially Jody and Rui who travelled to be here ... Cadence (and mommy and daddy) are very grateful to you for that!
Now it's time to prepare for Christmas ....

1 comment:

Jan said...

Not one, but two princess cakes!!
Miss Cadence you lucky girl!!
Sorry mommy had a scare!! And glad the "ugly" wasn't too bad!!