Monday, December 4, 2006

Just When I Was Starting to Feel Confident ...

So, as usual, I anxiously opened up the weekly update from our agency on Friday afternoon. Of course the headline news highlighted the recent referrals that had just arrived ... old news to me! AND THEN, I began to read the next paragraph as follows:

Now the Bad News_
There is never an easy way to tell families, anxiously awaiting their referral, that I
have bad news to share. I can only say heads up, as what I am about to impart, while
not new, will be discouraging for those of you in waiting.

Naturally, my less than optimistic side resigned myself to accept that 'this it it' ... 'my biggest fear' ... they are going to shut
down the program! But alas, that is not so ... our agency was simply informing us that there probably wouldn't be any referrals for Children's Bridge families for the next 2 months due to a gap in log in dates. Not surprising news to me really, as I have been obsessively checking the referral sites to see who was logged in when and how many days between referral dates and blah, blah, blah. Basically it just reaffirms what I have already predicted ... we should get a referral some time between March and May (end of the month most likely!) and travel in late spring or early summer ... we'll see!

Now, how to process the recent referral of a boy to one of our families ... don't get me wrong ... I'd be just as happy BUT what will I do with the pink pottery barn stuff stashed in the closet?????? I never learn .........

2 comments:

Don and Be said...

Hang in there, guys. We are in the China waiting room and have not even made it into the review room yet. We hope to have some news by mid-year 07. Meanwhile, stay busy ..... God bless you,

Don & Be

Anonymous said...

Well guys we understand what your going through,we are with CB also and read the same (depressing update),and a boy referral...weelll ummm we would certainly have to do alot of running aroung to exchange all the pink stuff for blue...LOL

Dianne&Joe Mahoney
Saint John,NB(Can)
group 253