Thursday, October 18, 2007

Another Wacky Wednesday! (UPDATED with PHOTOS!)

I don't know what it is about Wednesdays ... maybe it's the fact that I NEED things to go fairly smoothly that day ... but things just seem to fall apart! Cadence and I were due to go swimming at 9:30 ... a service call came at 8:30 regarding our new dryer ... their window was between 9 and 10:30 ... so much for the swim lessons! Actually I had been toying with not going anyway on account of Cadence's little rash and was happy the decision was made for me. I was also able to make a appointment for Cadence in the same regard for 11:30. Now, I need to share that I did not take a morning shower (cause I thought I would be swimming) and was banking on a nap ... one long enough to allow me some quick primping ... recall I teach Wednesday nights! As luck would have it Miss Cadence fell fast asleep on the way to the Dr. appoint ... it was a short ride so I revived her with a cookie! We arrived at about 11:20 and didn't get into see the physician until 12:10!!! Considering I'm able to get an appointment the morning I call, I guess I can't really complain. Well, our little fire pot needed some ointment from the pharmacy ... AND ... had a bit of fluid in her ear ... totally explains the 'issues' we had last week ... god, I am just way too green at this parenting thing! Anyway, we go to the pharmacy where we have to wait another 15 minutes ... hallelujah for shopping carts! As we prepared to leave I couldn't locate my keys ... PANIC ... the doctor's office was now closed for the day! As my hands jammed back into the diaper bag I discovered I'd obviously knocked the lid off the Penetan cream and now there was white rash cream over EVERYTHING!!! And by this time, Miss Cadence had finished her cookie, had lost her patience and was bellowing pretty loudly ... it was quite a sight I can assure! The story does have a happy ending though ... found the keys in the bottom pouch, Cadence fell back asleep on the way home and into the crib, I managed a shower, blow dry, straightener and make-up and managed to clean out the diaper bag!
Sean had a good night with his daughter too, who was sound asleep ... for the entire night ... when I got home! I do have some photos ... I'll add them tomorrow ... the camera's downstairs, Grey's in on and frankly I'm beat!




No comments: