Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Great Day ... Gruesome Night!!!

Sunday, Sean and I took Cadence to a local farm that we heard is kind of a kid's 'hot spot'. Considering the gorgeous weather, it
was a hot spot for sure! The first challenge was to find parking and the next was to exert patience whilst we waited in a HUGE line, just to get in ... it was 'Pumking Festival' time you know! Anyway, it was a beautiful day and we enjoyed walking around, taking some cute pictures ... next year, and the years after will be much more enjoyable for Cadence as she will be able to participate in all the activities ... Daddy promised we'd do the wagon ride next year (no matter how long the line ... of course we are already planning to go much earlier to avoid such things!).
As for the Sunday night ... ARGH! Cadence went down quite easily, although what used to be about a 20 minute routine has now stretched to 40 or even 60 minutes! And wouldn't you know it ... with only 10 minutes left in Desparate Housewives, my little munchkin was wailing!!! AND she would NOT go back down for anything! I walked her around the room, as usual, only for about an HOUR this time, until my neck and back were done! Then I tried putting her in the crib and staying in the rocking chair ... nope! Then I tried some tough love, laying her down everytime she got to her feet and 'calmly' explaining in was bed time. After about 10 tries I gave up on that one. AND THEN, I succumbed to a strategy we have been trying really hard to avoid ... the 'family' bed! I was desparate man! Well, as luck would have it ... that didn't work either ... she thought it was morning play time! From there we headed to the car ... at about 1:00 am people! All she did was chatter all the way ... around several blocks!
Yep, it was a rough night! Finally, in the end, we headed back to her room and I put all the blankets I had on the floor, sat her down beside me and laid down. At 2:30 I transferred her to her crib ... have to admit, I'm not sure who fell asleep first!
Today, we head back to the doctor ... I'm really hoping there is a medical explanation for this turn of events ... we'll see! In the mean time, we all had a great sleep last night and here it is 7:40 and she is still down ... yippee!!!

Question of the day ... Is it wrong to take your child for a long walk on a beautiful day ... and stop along the way at the liquor store for some Pomtinis??? On second thought, don't answer that ... but man, did it take the edge off!

Here are some autumn shots of our girl ...





5 comments:

Unknown said...

she is just precious. Im so glad you shared these with us

Anonymous said...

My neighbour across the street says that it's all in the number of bottles as to how well you day will go. Of course he means bottle for him not the baby!! LOL!!

So far we haven't had any sleep issues aside from her waking up two times a night for a bottle. Lately the first wake up has been between 2 and 4 a.m. and the second between 5 and 6:30 so we can almost call it once a night.

I hope you get your sleep thing sorted out. We adhere to a strict schedule here. Worked with Lucy so I'm not messing with success!!

Love the pictures!! Lisa has the same jacket!!

Kim said...

Hope things get better...
Love the pictures...
Cadence is soooo cute...
Hope tonight is better..
Hugs
Kim

Diana said...

Love the photos of Cadence, she is growing so big!
Unfortunately we had the same type of sleep issues that you are experiencing with Cadence x2. Had to eventually change our strategy and now they are great sleepers.

Astrid in Kanada said...

Hi Deb,
Just got to read your comment about my comment, sorry took a while. It is fun to read blogs of other moms, if you would like to stop by mine, it is www.meinkleinermarienkaefer.blogspot.com. I am still posting in both languages, German and English, hence my posts are shorter. Lisa and I met last week for a play date with Olivia and Hope, it was fun. We will go to a Halloween parade in Oakville together next week, should be fun!
Talk soon
Astrid