Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day!!!

Yesterday started out fine ... during nap time I tried to update here ... with pictures first and that is where it ALL began ,or, I should say, fell apart! I'll give you the basics ...
First, Blogger would not update my photos. Then I heard a vehicle pull up, realized it was the Spa guy (hot tubs on the fritz) and TRIED to beat him to the doorbell ... failed miserably and well, you know where that led ... nap time was OVER!!! Then I went to take the laundry out of the machine and discovered it was still FULL of water ... I tried everything to fix it. This was a
major problem given the fact that we are heading out of town Friday and I have a LOT of laundry to do in order to pack! So, I dragged Cadence Back to Future shop ... the only place that could deliver by tomorrow and dropped a load of money I don't have on a new set. Then it was back home by 2ish to try to find someone to take away my existing set ... NOW ... as delivery was expected between 8 and 1 today (I'm still waiting ... but it's only noon!). Oh and I pulled a major muscle in my hip ... nearly falling down a flight of steps with Cadence before departing so I basically hobbled around all night. Quick break ... appliances have arrived!
Okay, so I got all that settled, dressed and headed for my course ... within ah hour I had a major migraine ... well, in all the events I totally forgot to eat or drink anything. By the time I arrived home, the washer and dryer were on their way out and Cadence had been well taken care of. So now, I am getting ready to read my manuals and get the loads done! I'm sure the girl will be up at any moment so I'll share my favourite photos of the week first and give you some updates below ...





Cadence is doing great!!!! She still at times wakes at night for a few moments but we are learning that sometimes she settles before we get to her ... I think that's a good thing! We have been having greater success at getting her dressed after the bath ... we allow for some play time before the 'night' routine, so she isn't associating diaper and pjs with immediate bed time ... which caused some battles last week! She is one clever little soul ... we have a step down to the powder room and laundry. Her first attempt was a face plant ... but now she gets there, goes right down on her belly and then successfully crawls down.
Nap times have been interesting ... they are still not consistent but at least she has them ... most days! Of course on Monday, she would have no part in it (cause I REALLY needed an hour to do a few things). Well, I thought I would just try putting her in her crib and close my eyes in the rocking chair ... the little stinker realized this was a good time to discover how much fun it is throwing her pillows and blanket out of the crib and then bounce up and down and laugh ... yes, mommy laughed too ... how can you not! She has also eaten dirt and dog bone crumbs ... the dirt she didn't enjoy ... the crumbs, well let's just say she has gone back for seconds!~ She has learned to give Winston his bones and is doing amazing things every day!
We are heading to my hometown this weekend to baptize Cadence and introduce her to the rest of the family ... we can't wait to see everyone, but really aren't too crazy about the drive ... wish us luck ... I WILL post upon return!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

6 comments:

Red Sand said...

does sound like a challenging day - hopefully it'll get better from there. Happy Thanksgiving!!

geminirn said...

HAPPY THANKS GIVING...SAFE TRAVELS!!

Anonymous said...

What a day!

Got the gastrolyte in the mailbox - many thanks.

You must be really enjoying the gorgeous weather we are having - makes it so much easier to get out and about.

Have a great weekend!
Jennifer

~Kristen said...

I'm glad you had a much happier day today... Have a great weekend, and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hope you like the new look!!!

Kim said...

WOW...
What a day...
Love the pictures...
Sounds like Cadence is doing great...
Have fun with family and friends...
Kim

Anonymous said...

Hey! The background updates on your blog look great!

Sounds like Cadence is really keeping you busy. Love the pictures! Have you tried putting a white noise machine in her room to help her sleep uninterrupted? We have one that makes ocean waves sounds - it has been indispensable for the past two years!

Hope you have a great weekend with your family! Happy Thanksgiving!