Monday, October 29, 2007

Last Week's Review (Could be long ... depends on nap!)

Because I am falling way behind in this blogging venture you may find my posts quite short after this ... I'm having difficulty keeping EVERYTHING up and well, something's gotta give! I think I will break the week down into things I remember (this should be interesting!).

Wednesday

Cadence enjoyed her swimming lesson ... as always ... and as always, she was BRUTAL when it came time to get dressed! She wants to be held and well, that's a bit difficult when at any given time one of us is soaking wet! This time I even brought the stroller in so she could sit, play, eat ... whatever ... while I threw my clothes on ... didn't work, and it set her off to be whiny and grumpy for the rest of the day! I was worried as it was Daddy's night, but luckily she cheered right up for him!

Thursday

Another 'Celebrate Cadence' night! My friend Lisa invited many of my friends and colleagues and went to a lot of trouble organizing this event (cleaning, preparing snacks and drinks) ... thank you so much!!! Believe me, with TWO children I can only imagine how difficult that all was! Cadence will be decked out in many new trendy threads and has some new toys to enjoy AND we now have a scrapbook ... a COMPLETED scapbook of our trip to China!!!. Colleen, I am still blown away! Mommy even gets to treat herself to a little 'something'! Thank you to everyone who was able to make it ... I continue to be overwhelmed by ALL of your support!

The Weekend

Not so rosy! Sleep became an issue again this weekend! Friday Cadence was very restless ... up about every hour of so! On Saturday, Cadence woke from her nap with flushed cheeks and a fever. After some Tylenol her temperature came down so we continued to give it to her as indicated. By evening things fell apart! She slept for about 2 hours and then was up every 10 or 20 minutes AND the fever would not reduce. As I was laying stroking her head (at 3:00am) I noticed this spongy area on the front of her head and freaked! Sean and I hadn't noticed it before and were concerned of course so ... I called Telehealth (need to know whether to head to the clinic in the morning or the emerg now). Well after a bunch of questions they use the words meningitis and encephalitis ... yeah ... we're going NOW!!!
Poor little soul ended up with more Tylenol, blood work and a chest xray ... all for naught! No one really addressed the head thing at all, they were more concerned about the source of the fever ... which they never found! Sunday was brutal ... both Cadence and I were exhausted, she still had the fever and was cranky! I ended up having a breakdown which I think was bound to happen at some point. Luckily she slept well last night ... which meant I did too!

Miss Independence

So Miss Cadence decided yesterday, she does not want to be fed! She wants to do it herself. This didn't go too well as one can imagine. There was more food all over the place than in her mouth. And today, not only did she insist on using the spoon, she wanted to use the silver one I use ... needless to say, I had to switch to using one of her pink ones so she would eat! She is stressing me out I tell you! We are going to be one of those mother/daughter duos who fight ... I can feel it!

Kisses!

Cadence has been giving kisses for a few weeks now ... when you ask her AND she is not more interested in something else (the phone, converter, food!). Tonight, while she was resting her head on my shoulder while I was walking her before bed, she lifter her head, looked me right in the eye and made the kiss face ... THREE times! It was by far the sweetest moment we have shared thus far ... and after the few days we've had, I sure needed it!

Question of the Day

If you ask Cadence what the doggy says, does 'Woof, woof' count as a word?

Photos ...





3 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like you have been one busy girl...
Love the pictures...
Have a Wonderful Week...
I look forward to your posts... they help me in this long journey...
Cadence is adorable...
Kim

TEAM HALL said...

She is soooo sweet!!! Hope she's feeling much better!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Deb. It seems like this phase will last forever but you'll be through it in no time. Cadence is so adorable and you are doing a great job. She is a very lucky girl to have you and Sean!
Heidi