Monday, October 15, 2007

Another Week Gone By ...

Yes ... my days are busy and I am finding it increasingly difficult to update, but stick with me ... I'm trying my best! Things continue to progress and regress, where family life around here is concerned. Cadence has definitely bonded and attached to us both ... I can't leave the room for a second and when Sean walks through the door, Cadence squeals with joy ... these are good things! Of course, I am finding it hard to accept the new chaotic state of my home ... it drives me crazy but I am
learning to cope ... just don't drop by okay??? CALL FIRST!!!!
Here are a few highlights of the week ...

Miss Cadence is already paying close attention to hygiene and dilegently (well, not really!) brushing her teeth.

She enjoyed her first tea party with her buddy Gwen, who spent the afternoon. Both are still learning to share and figure each other out!

Cadence now cheers when she scores a basket ... it is the cutest thing. She throws both arms up and yells, "YEAH". Unfortunately the delay of the digital camera missed the shot ... but I did get it on video and it is priceless I tell ya!

Here is Cadence in a spectacular outfit she received from a 'blog' friend she has never met, but who has been a great help to her mom! Thanks again Kristen!

And finally ... the sleep thing ... we were back on track for a bit, but things over the past few days have been pretty dismall. She was waking every hour looking for one of us for a couple of days, then last night ... every 5 minutes for about 3 hours and would only settle for me. Not sure what is up with that and how this week will play out. If this continues for a few more days I may need to give up my weekly teaching job ... first things first! Oh and naps ... well, I hate to admit it, but I've found a new strategy that has worked quite a few times ... I wait until she is really tired, then put her in the highchair with a bread stick or cookie and voila ......

Then I gently carry her to bed and reclaim my sanity for a bit!
Oh, and I managed to fight and get her SIN in her Canadian name last week ... it was a struggle, but I won!
That's about all I can think of right now ... she's sure to wake ANY moment and I've a load of laundry to do ... ain't life grand!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She already seems to be growing by leaps and bounds!!

Kim said...

Glad everyone is doing well..
Love the pictures...
Hope she sleeps for you tonight
Kim

Anonymous said...

Oh the elusive sleep...the bane of every mommy & daddy's existence! It's a struggle of one step forward, five steps back! Good luck and I hope the sleep fairies visit your house tonight!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like adventures in parenthood to me. The clingyness was the toughest part for me the first time. I just wanted to go to the bathroom alone! It lasted a long while. There is nothing you can do. It's all part of the bonding process. At least she is mobile and can follow you. Lucy couldn't crawl or walk so I carried her everywhere. For weeks she couldn't be anywhere but on my lap. In hindsight it seems silly to have fretted about it but I know while I was living it, it was very stressful. You go from being 100% independant to being depended on 100% of the time.

Our new house (we moved since coming home with Lucy) is more kid friendly. I can move about and Lisa can see me and follow me. It is working out great. She love to cuddle (you should see her and David) but she also loves to play. If only we could fill that belly and get her to sleep through the night!!

Good luck. I'm sure with a little time and a lot of patience, you guys will get your groove. (And if you want to hear stories of our first time, just give me a call...I'm sure they are all good for a giggle!)