Monday, July 7, 2008

The Recap ...

As promised ... a more detailed post about our special day of remembrance!

Early morning ...

I par-boiled the mini potatoes and prepared the apricot chicken recipe ... chicken stuffed with green apples and brie cheese, breaded, later to be served with an apricot sauce ... DEEE-LISH! B U T ... this idiot didn't want to get her new funky apron dirty (or clothes for that matter) so I 'browned' the chicken in my bra ... I now have some lovely grease burns on my chest ... NICE!!!!
Afterwards, I took Cadence to the park so Sean could 'prep' the yard. Then, Cadence and I cooled off in the pool and just as I was preparing to extract our girl from the water, Winston fell in! I threw Cadence on the stairs and quickly rescued the fur kid! Quite a start to the day!

Afternoon ...

Lunch followed by a nap...also known as my power hour! Cadence went down great giving me the opportunity to 'primp' and get the dishes and such out and ready for our guests. I also spent some time on the computer; going back to my email box and rereading our 'Stork Arrival' message as well as the blog to read my posts of this day last year. The raw emotions of that day are just a real a year later ... I still get all choked up reading and thinking about it! Okay, enough touchy feely stuff! Anyway, I was all set, had my book and bottle of water ... ready for a bit of down time before company would arrive. Unfortunately, when I opened the patio doors, there was air suction created, slamming my bedroom door ... HARD ... and ... you guessed it ... waking Cadence! So we had a little play time instead!

Late Afternoon ...

The G family arrived first and we immediately put Buck to work (Thanks Buckie ... but, the T IS a wee bit crooked!). The kids and I took to the pool. Cadence has become quite the little fish and is loving her new swim thing! It has worked well in giving her some 'arms length' independence ... she is just having a ball in the 'pool pool'! We enjoyed the summer sun and a few beverages until the Ls arrived ... Mary had been at our house a year ago for 'The Call'. We gals cracked open the champagne and toasted to our girl Cadence! Shortly thereafter, the A family arrived and there was more pool time!

Evening ...

We enjoyed a great dinner ... a recipe from the restaurant we celebrated at last year (Thanks again Mary and Dave!) and then the kids ... what else ... they wanted to swim some more. This made a fourth 'pool pool' time for Cadence in just one day ... she was having so much fun! It was just a treat to watch her and Gwen interact and play together. They truly are 2 Tough Chicks!
Unfortunately, we received a call just as things were winding down???? Yeah, things didn't really wind down at all! Poor Mark and Donna and the boys were stranded on the highway with major car trouble. We had been discussing getting together this summer, but THIS certainly wasn't what we had in mind. I picked up Don and the boys but it was HOURS before Mark graced our doorway! I'm hoping they got home okay!

Reflection

It was a glorious day ... friends, family, sunshine, good food and drink and best of all Cadence was there to enjoy almost EVERY minute of it (10:30 bedtime!). What more could a girl ask for!

Just a few more pics to keep you coming back ....




1 comment:

PennyWolfe said...

Sounds like a great day!!!!!