Monday, July 7, 2008

Tot Gymnastics BOOTCAMP!!!

Okay, so with all our fall, winter and spring activities over with, I decided to enroll Cadence (and myself) in a Mom and Tots Gymnastics class for the summer. I thought we were good to go ... we had sporty type outfits and a little ponytail to boot! I couldn't have been more WRONG!!! First off there were two, TWO teeny, tiney, little mites with body suits and tights and sparkly pigtail holders ... AACK!!! Come on moms ... it's 4 weeks and they're still BABIES for goodness sake!!!! Alright ... IF Cadence had been in full on gear well .....
So, then, the class began ... these two teeny tinies were PROS man ... they could jump like a pencil like nobody I'd seen ... Cadence ... she hopped ... kinda! And then we started these 'circuits': down the slide, through the tube, over the ramp, tumbling down the wedge, headstands, tucks, jumps, rolls, swinging from bars, walking on balance beams ... you name it! And how DOES one get their 19 and a half month old to do this ... well, they RUN beside them and lift them and roll them and hold them up and ... you get the picture! I was sweating like a bloody pig! Oh and the coach ... she is TOUGH!!! The rules are the rules, no matter who you are or how old you are so ... I made sure Cadence behaved ... that took EFFORT man! Best thing about the class ... Angelo ... thank goodness for Angelo! He ran around everywhere, running from his mother and the coach and screaming bloody murder when he was actually caught by one of them. Unfortunately, mom was soooo devastated she's pulling him ... rats ... he made Cadence look good at least. Do I see a gymnastic future for Cadence? Maybe not so much!
Here she is anyway in her 'outfit' and even doing a dismount pose (kind of!):

2 comments:

PennyWolfe said...

LOL. Sounds like soccer here. 4 year old with cletes and shin pads. All they are doing is running around a field. Puh-leese! I'm sure she'll be Mary-Lou Retton in no time. (Sorry I couldn't spell Nadia C's last name!!)

Jeff and Amy said...

Oh my goodness, first Cadence is adorable and looks pretty good on her pose. I had to laugh the whole way through I can imagine. I taughter gymnastics for years and was in it myself for a few also and have been wanting to get Lily enrolled, now I am not so sure!! LOL