Monday, July 14, 2008

Yeah ... I Know ...

It's been a while ... but give me a break, I'm on holidays ... still!!! For the most part, since returning from China, I've felt like I've been on a sort of vacation ... no snickering from anyone who MAY have been at the end of a few random tough times! In any case, I've been consulting the calendar quite a bit to see what and whom we can fit in during this summer and have been reminded of the dreaded fact that I will be going back to work in like, 6 weeks ... SIX! I just can't even get my head around that at the moment. I've been preparing Cadence for this for a l o n g time, but myself ... I'm just not there yet, not even close! Seriously, how am I going to handle it when the time comes? She has been my little buddy, my side kick for almost an entire year! Sean and I were doing the math ... she'll be without us for at least 8 hours and then the 4 remaining hours will be jam packed with dinner, baths, bedtime routines ... I just can't even imagine it! I know we are not the first parents to go through this, but ... it makes me sad and I just need to share that!
Okay ... moving on ... for now ... cause ya know I'll have more to say on the subject as September draws ever so nearer!
Last week, we took Cadence for her final, let me correct that, what SHOULD have been her final shots for a while! Oh.my.god! Cadence was this child I didn't even recognize. EVERY time we have gone to a clinic or the doctor's office, she has cried right from the get go (well, wouldn't you, if you knew you were going to be poked and prodded every time?). This particular visit however, she was a model patient. Not a tear, or a peep, not even when the needle went in. She said, "Hi boy" to the doctor and, upon coaching, "Hi doctor". She got on the scale all by herself, was curious about each tool he used and was just plain awesome ... what can I say ... I was one proud momma!!! Now if only they hadn't run out of the chicken pox vaccine ... yeah ... we gotta go back for that one ... sheesh!!!!
Other than that, we have been busy going to the parks, swimming and just hanging out! Cadence is becoming such a little girl ... making us tea and 'nacks', feeding her baby, tidying up ... she is just a treasure to be with and a delight to watch. Gotta admit, I've not pulled out the camera ALL week ... luckily I have some photos you haven't yet seen, that I can pull off the hard drive (I've actually got over 2800 pics there right now ... talk about a To Do list! ... a topic for another day!).
Anyway, here are a couple to share for now:

A little 'light' reading:

Nourishing 'baby:

"Yo-Yo ... I'm outta here dudes!":

1 comment:

PennyWolfe said...

She is such a character. Can't wait to meet her! Oh and you guys too! LOL!!