Friday, April 13, 2007

What was I thinking?

Well, at 2:00 today, a 'friend' called me at school to ask if I'd be interested in teaching a Special Ed. course. I thought ... sure!
At 2:10 the program director phoned to thank me and give me the location, pay schedule, course requirements and expectations ... just like that! By the way, the course starts TUESDAY!!! I have NEVER taught a course like this before, I have to drive an hour to get there and I am basically freaking out!@!!! On a positive note ... I think it will be a great challenge for me and more importantly, a much needed distraction! Oh, my conversation with the director ended with her asking if between today and Tuesday I could print, fill out and fax the application form ... like that will matter ... good luck finding someone else at this point! Hey, could that be why I'm the sucker for the job? Whatever the reason, the money will be good as will the experience!~ Stay tuned for these 'adventures' while we all wait for more important events!!!!

2 comments:

~Kristen said...

just wanted to let you know your in my "referral" thoughts! I'm so sorry this was not your month.

But, GOOD LUCK on Tuesday... if ever I can offer any Sp. Ed. tidbits.. just ask away!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job. I can't wait to hear about all your adventures. What ages will you be teaching. I'm sure the distraction will be welcomed at this point. Some days it is hard to stay distracted.