Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

The TOP 10 things I love about Cadence:

1) I melt when I pick her up from her crib and she puts her one arm around me and pats MY back.
2) It warms my heart when she calls out "Dada" from the landing in the morning while he is making the coffee downstairs and when she hears the garage door opener at the end of the day.
3) I love when she puts her hands way behind her, sticks her head out, purses her lips and runs. Wish I could capture that on video!
4) I adore the deep little voice she has.
5) I admire her strength ... she has been through a lot and is a well adjusted little girl.
6) I love it when anytime I am sitting cross legged on the floor, she comes and plunks herself between my legs.
7) I respect her independence.
8) I enjoy the way she likes to help with the laundry and how she gets mad, when I put an article of clothes in the machine.
9) I melt looking into those big brown eyes!
10) I love her big twinkling smile ... especially when she times it just right (ie. when she's supposed to be settling down for a nap!).

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being a mom to Cadence. I love her curiosity about everything and even her strong personality. She is what has been missing from my life for a long time!

Journal Entry

We decided to introduce the concept of daycare to Cadence very slowly ... May will come sooner than we think! She has been going to a loving home day care for 4 days now (only for an hour!) and ... I think each day gets harder on both of us. Today she started 'growling' as soon as I pulled up in the driveway ... this girl is smart! I 'drop and go' which is tough and literally 'spin' for the hour trying to accomplish as much as possible! When I picked Cadence up, Sandy said she had taken the kids
downstairs to play and closed the door and Cadence was MAD ... she likes to wait by the door for me. So ... Sandy thought, well this isn't working, I'll take the kids back upstairs. Cadence went to the 'coat' area, found her coat and boots and was basically getting herself ready to leave. Not quite 15 months ... can you believe it?!!! She slays me!
At Busy Bees, Cadence made another little toddler cry when she took her hand off the toy the two of them had chosen to play with ... we definitely have work to do around the 'sharing is caring' motto!!!! I'm sure she's learned these 'bully tactics' at daycare! LOL!!!
I must share my tearful moment of the day too ... the Busy Bees teacher shared the 'craft' of the day with us, where I proceeded to blubber ... photos and explanation to follow!
And Daddy spoiled us today ... flowers for mommy and an animal rescue kit for Cadence ... complete with ... an elephant! She loves it!
We also enjoyed an amazing Chinese dinner ... ordered in ... hey, what can I say ... we're rookies at this! ... complete with a spicy Sechwaun dish in honour of Cadence's birthplace.
It was a LOVEly day!!!!!!

And now for some photos ...
Cadence in her 'Valentine' outfit:

The Valentine 'craft':

The poem says:
This is to remind you, when I have grown so tall,
That once I was quite little, and my hands were really small.

The presents from Dadda:



Hope everyone had a great day!

3 comments:

PennyWolfe said...

Lisa does that pat on the back thing too!! It is so cute!!! I bet you could have listed 100 things and not just 10. Being a Mom is the best!! Hard to believe you're already doing daycare and will be heading back to work soon. The time sure flies by. Lucy will be in Kindergarten this fall. ugh!! Can't believe it. Not that long ago she was the size of Lisa!

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Anonymous said...

Deb, thanks for sharing your top ten list (yeah, you got me all teary damn it!). It reminded me of all of the little reasons why I love my girl so much! Have a great day!
Kara