Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Determination

We don't make a habit of giving Cadence juice. In fact we try to avoid it as much as possible. This was fairly easy to do once upon a time, but now that she goes to daycare, she gets juice. Yeah, I could try to insist that Sandy not give it to her, but that won't go over very well with everyone else getting it. So ... she gets it during the week ... mom and dad, we give her water and milk ... oh, aren't we strict!
So, the point of this rather long anecdote ...
Yesterday morning Cadence got into Sean's lunch bag moments before we were to depart and what did she find??? His juice box ... "Juice mamma!!" I decided I would give in, she could have it ... when we got in the car ... we are BIG on bargaining these days.
I ran upstairs for literally less than a minute and what did I find when I reached the bottom of the stairs? Yep ... my independent and very determined, not yet 2 year old, had gotten the straw off the box, out of the wrapper and into the teeny, tiny little hole ... all by herself! I see kindergarten kids who have difficulty with this! Goes to show how much she really does love juice ... and how very much we are in such big trouble with this girl!

I had videos from the weekend to 'showcase', but the program is under maintenance ... maybe tomorrow! Check back y'all!

1 comment:

Gina (Caleeo) said...

I hope I am laughing with you. :) These girls seem to be cut from the same cloth. Heck, I struggle sometimes to get the straw into the teeny hole, but Olivia, no problem. We are mostly water and milk too. She was obsessed with juice for a while, but now that we do not make a big deal of it, she hardly ever asks for it.