Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekends are Wonderful!

Now that I've had a number of weeks of full time work under my belt, I've realized how very precious my weekends are to me! It's not all the big planned ones that I look forward to the most, (in fact sometimes those can be the ones that induce stress ... but that's a whole other story!) ... it's the everyday simple pleasures in life that I've been waiting for ...
Like making pancakes with my daughter:


And practising for Halloween:

Or reading stories and giggling over a cute kid's show. Maybe it's watching Cadence strut around in a pair of my shoes (or her dad's!). Sometimes it's heading to the grocery store and getting that cookie from the bakery. There are a million and one simple pleasures in life that I now get to experience as a mom ... I couldn't be happier!

Also this weekend, while I was on the phone with a friend and multi tasking, as usual ... I got down on my hands and knees to empty the skimmer. I'm sure the neighbours heard my 'cry' as I discovered two bulging eyes staring back at me! Here's who's been enjoying the pool lately:

And finally, to end our lovely weekend, Sean, Cadence and I enjoyed our final swim of the season ... the weather was cool but the pool was toasty. Until May ...:

2 comments:

Gina (Caleeo) said...

Love the Halloween costume - very, very cute. We have had ours on twice - may have to take a practice pic.

What a weird looking toad. That would certainly be startling!

Kim said...

She is tooo cute..
Have a Great Week...
Hugs.