Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Money Pit!

Not much to write about lately. There has been a fair bit of progress on the cement pond ... and lots of green stuff flying out
of my wallet! We had some guy with two teeth and two big tattoos (that weighed all of two pounds!) show up at our house to
replace the posts for the fence ... apparently he was also planning to put the fence together. Had we known that we wouldn't have had, the other guy come out to give us a quote on the rest of the jobs. Tattoo guy wanted a fair bit of money for four posts and a support between our house and our neighbours I'll tell ya. And apparently, he also took a heck of a cash grab from my neighbours ... I'm going to need to do some serious investigation! Then, today, for the first time since the construction began, I forgot to turn on my phone ... well at 2:30 when I realized it, there was a frantic message from the pool company looking to get at our fence panels so they could get it up for the 'inspection'. Yeah ... some advance communication would have been nice ... we could have had OUR, most likely cheaper guy, do it last night! If tattoo guy came back for that ... I'll be needing to remortgagek, no doubt!
So, it looks like tomorrow they may inspect, drop the liner and fill 'er up ... yahoo!!!! Of course, we still need the electrician to
hook up the panel .... hmmm, I've heard some rumblings about that guy too. Stay tuned for the saga ... as for me, right now ... chillin' with a glass of red! I need it, I want it, I can't wait for alllllll this to be done!
As for the Cadence story ... my mind is racing ... I need a quiet night to process and share with you all. Maybe on the weekend while I'm 'lounging'! Good night y'all ........

No comments: