Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Catching up ...

Busy Bees/Sneaker Snappers

Last week Cadence did her first finger painting of a frog ...

This week she completed a similar wine cork painting of a dinosaur in blue (and NO I did not supply the corks!).
I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have Cadence in these classes. The growth and development in her social skills has been phenomenal! Along with that I am able to measure Cadence's cognitive and developmental skills against other children her age ... I know, it sounds like I'm comparing, but really I am only interested in ensuring she is 'on track' ... and I can quite confidently see that. That is ALL I really ask for ... we are very lucky for that!

New Favourite Book


Cadence received a couple of beautiful gifts this weekend from friends ... one being a 'Classic Book with Holes'. Guess I am WAY behind on things ... although it is classic, I've NEVER heard of them, but let me say ... it is FANTASTIC!!! I have had to read/sing it about 20 times a day! Cadence caught on right from the first go and was singing her own version of 'Ee, I, Ee, I, O". She really is a sharp little cookie!

Mine

This morning she got into her toiletry bag ... the one I keep her 'manicure' tools in. As I attempted to take the clippers and little nail scissors she turned away from me and said, "Mine!". Okay, I'm going to have to blame this one on the 'other' children in her daycare ... right???? LOL!

Canadian Citizenship

I checked into the status of Cadence's citizenship on line this morning and according to Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Cadence is now a Canadian citizen!!! The document should arrive in a couple of weeks ... at least that's what they say! This is a big relief ... now we can apply for her Canadian passport ... not that we're planning to go anywhere soon ... have y'all seen the price of gas????

Favourite Photo of the Week

I hadn't pulled the camera out much last week, but I did manage to get a picture of Cadence BEFORE she pulled the barrette out of her hair. The fact that the bows match her pyjamas ... it's no accident!

1 comment:

geminirn said...

WOW THAT WASN'T LONG AT ALL....A BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR NEWEST LITTLE CANADIAN!!!!!!!!!