Friday, April 11, 2008

The Week in Review

The early part of the week continued to be balmy so we were able to get out for walks and outdoor play ... this continued to make for some great sleeping! Tuesday we went back to daycare (and a few tears) as well as Busy Bees ... okay, actually this time around the class is called, 'Tots at Play', but since it's essentially the same (same room, same leader, same 'stuff'), Cadence and I still call it Busy Bees ... plus, I just love how she says that one!  Five minutes into play time, my little stinker hoisted herself up onto the teacher chair in the circle and started doing actions for the songs we sing ... move over Miss Eileen!  What really made my day was Miss Eileen's comment ...
"Well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!".  She made that connection, even with the knowledge of how our family was formed ... it felt awesome!  Cadence also created her first 'masterpiece' with potato prints and paint:

On Wednesday, Cadence and I went out shopping for some greatly needed pants ... I am amazed at how she has grown!  I have been trying to make her winter pants get us through to the real spring weather (capri season!), but I'm afraid we aren't going to make it so we did purchase a new pair of jeans and a couple of sweat pants (as suggested by her daycare provider!).  This girl is definitely a shopper.  It took all of my strength not to burst into laughter when she grabbed a little skirt off the rack, held it up to herself and exclaimed, "Awww!" ... yep ... we got the skirt too!  

Dadda took over the evening routine while mommy went out for a nice leisurely dinner with the girls.  As usual, he did a great job!
We headed out for our first trip to the park on Thursday even though it was a bit chilly and I must say, it is a bit difficult doing this venture on my own.  Cadence likes the big slide.  Try to
picture me walking her up the structure (where I noticed lots of openings to the ground far, far below), setting her up for the slide down, and telling this almost 17 month old to 'wait' while I run down and around to catch her at the bottom ... STRESSFUL!!!  We only did that once ... next time, mommy slid down the slide first ... yikes!  And Cadence and dadda spent some more quality time together for the evening while mommy enjoyed another night out!
On Friday, we went to Sneaker Snappers and practised our balance on the benches.  My girl was able to do it all by herself ... she is so ready for the Kempettes!  We also went to visit our cousins in their new house.  New toys, someone to run and play with ... what could be better?!
I have to laugh at the 'girl' that is emerging ... along with the love of shopping, Cadence is becoming a bit pristine.  She was VERY upset by the black marks she got on her hands from drawing.  Funny, the black marks on the cupboards didn't seem to phase her at all!

This was another great week for us ... we are so, so very lucky!  Cadence has really blossomed over the past month.  There isn't a day that goes by where she doesn't make me laugh out loud or cause me to hold my breath.  She is saying please and thank you, without being asked, she is going to sleep on her own, she puts things in the garbage, helps herself to snacks, gives hugs and kisses that melt my heart ... I could go on and on ... and ... I have, haven't I???  I can't help it ... she is one amazing little girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's gotten so big!!! Time goes by too fast.