Thursday, April 3, 2008

Horrible Blogger ...

I admit it ... I am not following through with my intention of journalling with this blog ... 
I do promise to try a bit harder.  With that, I will attempt to recall some details of the week and record them in one LONG and for some (boring) post.
Weekend
We had a family dinner at SIL Karen's on Saturday and I must say Cadence was exceptional (for the most part!)  Right now I am focusing on the positive things especially with respect to her social skills.  She did not make strange or cling to us in anyway, in fact, she was quite the butterfly!  She went to everyone for cheers, high fives and even hugs and kisses!  And she warmed up enough to put on a little show for everyone, where she led us in song and applause ... she is mightly proud of herself!  She also was very comfortable at helping herself to whatever was being offered on the snack table ... we'll work on that!  And my girl is now playing up to the camera and saying 'cheese'!
Dadda also brought Cadence to her first hockey game ... she is the GREATEST FAN EVER!!!!  I can't begin to tell you how amazing it was to hear 'MOMMA' over and over and over and over again ... warmed my heart everytime.  Need to add ... 3rd win in a row people!!!
DayCare
This .is . going ..... GREAT!!!  Tuesday was the first day back after over a week so I anticipated the crying ... which happened like clockwork ... but when I 'checked in' after an hour Sandy reported that Cadence only cried for a few minutes and was doing great ... wow!  Wednesday she barely uttered a whimper when I dropped her off and was happy when I picked her up ... until we got home ... hmmm?!  AND today ... she was actually happy when we got there ... took her coat right off and joined the kids before I even left ... makes me a little sad, but it's all good!  This slow transition was the right thing ... for sure!  In a few weeks ... by May ... we'll go to a couple of half days and maybe in the summer a couple of full ones so she will be prepared for September.  As for myself ... not sure how I'll manage to be prepared  ...
Behaviour!!!
Well, it has finally happened ... my sweet, happy, humming, smiling baby ... has become a toddler!  At least that's what I hope explains some her new behaviours (there is always a little part of me that panics and worries that perhaps they are due to bonding and attachment issues).  In any event, she has been growling and screeching when she wants something ... we tell her to use her words (more) and not to get frustrated, if she wants help, say help.  Can you believe it, she will actually follow through?!  And she frequently chants, 'me, me, me...' as well, which usually means she wants something too ... ugh!  But what really freaks me is the moments when she grits her teeth and clenches her fists and shakes ... I know she is downright mad about something!!!  Sooner or later I will figure it out!  Sometimes, I am fighting a losing battle ... she gets upset when she can't do something by herself and then gets upset when you try to help her ... honestly ... what is a mother to do with that?!
Play and Such
There are moments when she plays like a little girl.  The other day we were on the floor with her house and she had all the little people laying down.  She was saying 'night, night' and telling me, 'shhh' ... she is just amazing!  
Cadence is also, unfortunately, in the climbing stage ... again!  Only this time, she can climb up on the rocking chair and our kitchen chairs ... there is no containing her!
She continues to help herself in the snack cupboard.  Odd ... she won't touch the banana cookies when I give them to her, but if she gets them herself ... num, num!!!  She is such a stinker!
Photos
I know that is really what you come here for ... hate to tell you, the batteries in my camera died! The good news is we're off to Costco tomorrow ...  
In the meantime, I think I have a little video clip I can add ... in the morning!
Night, night!

No comments: