Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Little of This and That ...

It has been a fairly 'normal' week ... daycare, activities, outdoor play, naps, etc. Cadence is continuing to amaze and terrify me with things she is learning to do ... climb up on the bed, climb up onto the breakfast bar stools, adding words to her vocabulary and exploring her environment. Now that she can reach into my make up drawer, I am glossless! I end up finding lipgloss and other beauty products in the most unusual places ... and don't even get me started with the hunt for one of the FOUR sippy cups I can't seem to locate on an almost daily basis! She has had a really great week ... no crying at drop off, or at nap and night, night times, she is letting other kids take her around the playground ... it is awesome to watch! I really wish I could muster up the time and energy to update on a daily basis because there IS so much she does each and every day and I want to record it all ... even the drawing she did on the patio screen with the feta cheese! Unfortunately I have not pulled the camera out much this week ... but there is a little clip you can view after this post ...

In other news ... about me ... I have 'ISSUES'! I know it and many of you know it ... now what am I to do about it?????? Three confessions: I am a shoeaholic, shopaholic and live in denial somewhat! I have oodles of shoes and have said ALL season that I WILL NOT buy anymore this summer. So ... what was I doing with FOUR pair (one for Cadence!) in my WalMart cart yesterday? I am happy to report I put 3 of the four, including Cadence's, back! I can't help myself ... it really is a disease and the
only cure for me is to stay away from all shopping establishments! AND as far as shopping and denial go .... I pulled out my
spring clothes bins ... went through my closet and the bins and really discovered some 'problems'. First, I have a tonne of clothes ... tonnes ... and I don't wear a tenth of them most likely! I like to refer to some of what I currently wear as my 'uniforms'! You know, the outfit(s) you actually feel good in! For example, I had a friend stop by and comment on how I've lost weight ... uh, NO ... it's the pants ... guess what, they will be part of the new uniform!!!! Secondly, I have clothes that I have yet to part with. For example, I have finally tossed out a "Western University" turtle neck that I bought in first year university ... I can't even tell you how LONG I've had that! And what was I thinking wearing overalls, much less keeping them all this time? And then there are the piles of clothes that I HOPE to get back into some day? Am I for real???? It is time to face reality and learn to accept my new body!!!! So ... I'm giving some away and have to admit keeping some that are tight, but COULD fit nicely by mid summer ... if not ... they go ... I promise! Oh, and there are the clothes that still have tags on them ... I can't resist a good bargain! Not such a good bargain if I end up giving them away are they???? So, I've got some work to do ...
By fall I need to get rid of anything I have not worn in the past year and I need to stick to a few good items that make me feel good about myself ... most likely anything BLACK! So there you have it ... my true confessions and my intent to transform! Any thoughts?

Don't forget to check out the following clip of Cadence:

No comments: