Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter at Baba's ...

First things first:

Cadence opening a present from Baba.

Cheers to my cousin Olivia.

Singing 'Itsy Bitsy Spider'.

'Don't even THINK about touching my tart!'

Not too sure about what was in the bag.

We had a great drive up north (thanks Didi!) ... it definitely helps to break the trip up into two segments. Cadence quickly adjusted to her new environment and took to Baba right away! She enjoyed time with her aunties and cousins to the point of exhaustion ... yay!!!! Mommy and Daddy even got to have another dinner out ... as a couple ... thank you Baba and Chacha!
Cadence learned new words this weekend too... manners at that ... thank you and please!!! Mistaking the table cloth for a parachute was a whole other matter mind you ... but the girls definitely had fun and it was a joy for us to watch them giggle away! I will post some videos of the girls in action later today ... stay tuned!
As resilient as Cadence was, I think we may have pushed her limits just a bit. On the way home she had a complete meltdown when we stopped for lunch ... nothing would console her. Once she was back in the car though ... all was good! I even found her quite clingy yesterday and having crying fits if I left the room for a moment. I realize that there must be some fear in her with regard to abandonement ... she has not forgotten that is for sure. So today we are spending quality time together and she is getting the reassurance she needs that she is HOME! I fear the return to daycare next week ...... I fear the gains we have made are lost ... hopefully it won't take long to get it back.
Well, off to catch up on laundry, bills and ... I just might get dressed!!!!

No comments: