Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Perspective ....

Hours ago, this post may have had a much different, more vulgar flair ... but with time the day improved and I cooled down ... plus, there's nothing like a little perspective!
Don't get me wrong, I am still a little pissy ...

Got in the car this morning to take Cadence to daycare and noticed all my 'stuff' strewn about the interior of the car ... yep, it had
been ransacked and not ALL my stuff was to be accounted for. Obviously, my Maui Jim sunglasses (a personal splurge last summer), DVD player and ALL of Cadence's dvds were gone! It appears all my CD's were present and accounted for (although I'm not sure what was in the car at this point) ... guess the thugs didn't appreciate my ecclectic taste in music! So off I went to report it, called insurance ... big deductible if I make a claim, plus a rate increase for the next 3 years ... can someone tell me why we pay for insurance that we can never really use?????!!!! After that it was off to the mechanic to find out what is wrong with my car ... it's been two hours now and no word ... that makes me nervous! So all and all, NOT a good day ... did I mention it is my birthday today?!
As the day progressed, I found my sunglasses, realized the key to the house was in my car with a big label attached, 'HOUSE' ... so things could have been FAR worse!  And then my lovely daycare provider sent this beautiful flower arrangement .... talk about brightening up my day!

And then, as I do everyday, I checked in on THIS BLOG.  When you really put things into perspective ... I'm a very lucky lady!

1 comment:

Gina (Caleeo) said...

I am so sorry to hear about your car - such a terrible thing to have happen - and on your birthday, no less. Hugs and Happy Birthday a day late.