Saturday, January 13, 2007

14+ Months ...

As of Thursday, we hit the 14 month mark. This, as everyone knows, is WELL beyond the original projected timeline of 6-8 months. I have very mixed emotions about this ... obviously I am disappointed! Each day, week, month that goes by is another
day, week, month older we get AND, more importantly, another day, week, month that Cadence gets older and goes without a parent! I could also look at the bright side and know that we are getting that much closer to knowing who our daughter is ...
Today, I'm afraid, is a 'blue day' for me. Our agency states the current timeframe is now 16 months and increasing ... probably to 2 years ... we shouldn't hit that, but the odds of us receiving a referral in 2 months time is probably unlikely. So ... I'm in a funk ... no energy or enthusiasm to do anything. I did manage to complete the adjustments to the armoire, and although it is still not perfect ... it is as good as it's going to get (and the doors now close and latch!). I am no longer in the mood to hit the paint store ... maybe next week!

Oh ... check out my horoscope from Thursday:

There is a strong shift in direction for you . You need to reassess the situation at hand and its eventual outcomes as what you originally valued may be losing appeal or may just be lost altogether . Take this time to reflect and relax. A new quest will be found soon enough.

What do you make of that???????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a philosophical second-timer and I can promise you this wait will be well worth it. As for your horoscope that is a tough one to ignore. Maybe it's just talking about the room and your original vision for it isn't going to work. Yeah, that's it!! Did I mention I'm a perennial optimist too? :) Chin up girlfriend. This will all be a long a distant memory. When we meet I will tell you about our first referral and our wonderful provincial government policies. Take care! We'll all get thru this together!