Tuesday, January 23, 2007

PMA

PMA ... not to be confused with PMS ... is one of those things I remember from my highschool days. It stands for POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE. I don't remember which teacher this came from or the circumstances of it being passed on to us at the
all girls school (Jody? ... any thoughts?), but I do know it is one of those things that stuck (unlike any information from chemistry or functions and relations classes!). I am having a little difficulty having a PMA today ... the 'rumours' are out again and as can be expected, I am starting to accept that our referral most likely will NOT come around the end of March. I think, for all intents and purposes, let's just say, I'm almost certain, that we will receive a referral some time before the end of summer .... how's that for an open window?! Today I also became acutely aware of the 'ticker' I placed behind my desk, to countdown to referral. Although I have removed about 5 group numbers since September, there are still 4 to go before us. Just imagine ... when our paperwork went in, there were about 4 groups getting a referral each month! This continues to provide evidence of the magnitude of the slow down. And so although I may not be 'positive', I am getting a bit of an 'attitude' AND bordering on going absolutetly 'mental'. Now there's PMA for you ................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps they should list adoption as a 12 step program or something because I swear you go through that many different emotions during this journey. One couple that we know who adopted from China painted a flower on the wall of her daughter's nursery for every day she waited.

Got to run...time to get Miss Lucy up. I've had my cup of coffee and checked all the blogs. Time to get our day going!