Sunday, January 7, 2007

Voila!



Well, here it is ... the armoire! Notice the chair? At the moment it is serving a purpose ... to con the public (you) into thinking I actually accomplished my goal. The doors do not close at the moment. I have chosen not to install the door clasps as I am not satisfied with how the top doors hang. After making a few adjustments (and several profane utterances), I have determined it is time to call in the pros ... yes, I am admitting defeat! I will also be painting this piece ... estimated completion date ... end of ...
February is probably realistic. I want to have all furniture pieces bought and placed in the room prior to painting anything ... the more I think about it, this is going to be ALOT of work!!!
On a positive note ... I did get a handyman in to hang 5 light fixtures today and I am thrilled!!! The chandelier for Cadence's room is just perfect ... I am jumping for joy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job! Trust me, if that had been me trying to assemble the armoire it would still be in many pieces. Just say the chair is there so you can put stuff on top of the armoire! Love the light fixture. I can't wait to see the room as it continues to progress. I have a feeling the time will fly by.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sean & Deb, managed to save the blog address before I disposed of all the Christmas cards. It's great to be able to see how you're getting on. I'll follow your progress now, and we're keeping our fingers crossed for you! Love Caroline & Rob x

Cindy said...

love your chandelier. we have one in our nursery too and it really adds just a hint of sophistication. ;o)