Monday, January 1, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Happy new year to all our friends and family! We wish you all much health, happiness and prosperity in the coming year ... a cliche I know, but heartfelt just the same!
We hope everyone enjoyed ringing in the new year ... Sean and I had a quiet night at home! We started off with a game of Brewopoly ... really, it was fun! We also enjoyed some brie with pepper jelly, calamari, and Alaskan king crab legs ... a feast for
two! I was a little late in grabbing a movie and ended up with Nacho Libre ... let's just say, I had earned a free movie for the month and was glad I didn't have to pay for it! As for the champagne and hot tub ... the rain ... yes, RAIN! ... kept us indoors and the bubbly ... it will continue to chill until ...... end of March? April? ... who knows!

It is sometimes hard to believe that we were at this same place emotionally last new years ... eagerly anticipating the arrival of Cadence in a matter of months. My patience over this past year has certainly surprised me and I am hopeful that we ARE now
on the last legs of this journey ... I will NOT be patient for much longer! As we do get closer, I have started to realize some of the fears that are lurking in the back of my mind ... my fears of the unknown! It is very difficult at times to prepare for this child of whom we know nothing about ... how old is she? is she in fact a she? what will she look like? will she have any health issues? is she with a foster family who is nurturing? is she in an orphanage ... laying for hours in one of those cribs without a mattress? does she have a crib mate? will she reject us? will she reject me? And those are just the immediate concerns ... I can't begin to tell you my worries for her future ... I'll leave that for a later date! In an effort to keep my mind off the worries, I will begin to 'prepare'! This week I am emptying the guest room and putting together the armoire ... I hope it is not too premature of me ... perhaps I'll get in touch with my agency just for a little reassurance ... can you blame me?!

Cheers everyone!

No comments: