Saturday, January 6, 2007

Handywoman Update

As of 2:00 this afternoon I was almost finished the armoire ... and then ... had to take 8 hinges off and re-attach them on the proper sides. I also made a booboo at the very beginning ... one I will not correct as it would mean complete demolition ... I will find a way to make it work! All that is left is to nail in the backing and attach the handles, but I'd like Sean's assistance to ensure the piece is level. Photos tomorrow .......
Lisa and Buck dropped off their crib today as well ... yikes!!! That will be next weekend's project! Hopefully these projects will help the time pass quickly ..........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your attitude! I think I'd be with you on the If-I-don't-have-to-take-it-apart-I-won't philosophy! I bought a fan (one o those tall ones that stand on the floor) once when David was out of town and I assembled it myself. I was quite proud. But when I was done I had a piece left. Strange that they'd give me an extra piece. Oh well. So I picked it up to carry it upstairs and THUD. The very heavy weighted base dropped on my foot. Yeah, the extra piece was to hold on the base. No spare parts afterall!

Can't wait to see the pictures!!