Sunday, February 11, 2007

Catching up ...

Since the last post, I have played my final game of ball hockey, enjoyed another 'snow day' (kind of), had my brother and his friends visit, AND .... finished painting the crib!
First of all, the 'Chicks with Sticks' lost their second play off game in a sudden death over time period, putting them out of the running. As much as I was worried in the beginning of attempting to take on this new sport at my age ... I totally enjoyed it! In fact, I think I have committed myself to play in the spring session ... yikes! Perhaps if I get back into running/walking, I'll be in better shape and able to be more of an asset to my team!
We ended up having what I'd like to term, a 1/2 snow day ... some of the rural buses were cancelled. This call accounted for 4 out of the 6 school buses that travel to our school. Although, we had more students than on the previous snow days, there was still a significant amount of students absent which made it difficult to follow standard lessons and routines. As much as I hoped I'd be completely caught up with another snow day, that didn't happen. A number of other tasks fell on my plate so I didn't get to the pile I had hoped .... maybe next week!
On Friday, Steven and his buddies arrived earlier than expected. With the weather and roads being so crazy through the week, the boss let the guys go at noon and as luck would have it, the forecast was wrong ... they ended up travelling in fairly good weather. I fed them some pizza and snacks along with some beer and sent them off for a night on the town. After a good breakfast the next morning, they set off for the city to catch the big game. I watched the game myself to catch a glimpse of their sign, but didn't have any luck!
And this morning and early afternoon, I put a third coat on the crib and the inside of the armoire. I'm thinking I might need to do a few touch ups but basically that's it ... for now! This week I'll be tackling the outside of the armoire ... there is an end in sight!
Basically that is a quick update of my week. I'm going to spend a few minutes cleaning up this blog a bit and then settle in for some laundry and my favourite ... Desperate Housewives!!! Here's hoping for a surprize batch of referrals before the Chinese New Year!!!!!

No comments: