Saturday, February 17, 2007

This Month's Purchase


Sean and I decided once we hit the one year mark that we would start to prepare and purchase things we needed. The plan was to make one big purchase each month and smaller ones each week so that we weren't overwhelmed once the referral came. So far, so good! We have been fortunate to have been given a crib and high chair and have over the past months bought some books, toys and outfits. Last month we purchased the armoire to furnish the room. We will pick up a dresser and kid's table and chair set in the spring (hopefully at a yard sale ... since I'm going to be painting them!!!). So today we made the big purchase for the month ... a camcorder ... to capture all of our special moments! The guy tried to give me the one on display, without a further price reduction and almost wouldn't give in until I pointed out the dirt on it ... a brand new one in a box will arrive in 2 weeks! I found it interesting that the 2 purchases I was making, on sale, were both the last ones ... the display models ... hmmm! Interesting that I was also the only customer in a small store with 5 salespeople 'hanging' around. I would say the only remaining large items needed would be the car seat and stroller. With 4-6 months to go ... we are right on target!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that puppy has image stabilizers and auto-leveling. You should see our video. It's a little shaking and Dad kept forgeting to hold the camera up. He claims he was a little distracted. Whatever! LOL!! I better be quiet or I'll be in charge of both cameras next time!!!