Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The name ...



Oddly enough, for the first time since I decided on the name, I came across the name Cadence twice yesterday ... on another blog and while watching Supernanny.
I even managed to navigate the World Wide Web and find the name Cadence in chinese characters ... am I becoming a technical genius or what!? Hmmm ... let's reserve judgement on that until we see if it actually shows up on the post!

For the many years Sean and I were on the 'quest' to parenthood, I had the name MacKendra in mind for a girl (a name I believed I created myself ... anyone know any different?) and Kristian for a boy. Then I saw some 'show' where I heard the name Cadence and was immediately drawn to it. I consider it unique, strong, not too 'girly' and simply perfect for us! One of the definitions has to do with 'rhythm', which a child will certainly add to our lives AND unknown to me, apparently a cadence is the series of numbers football players call before the 'down hup' ... anyone who knows Sean ... well, end of story! So, that will be the name ... unless of course, she turns out to be an Ethan Edward!

No comments: