Sunday, February 18, 2007

Returns Cost More!



I seem to have a little problem ... okay, y'all know I have a BIG problem ... I just can't resist sales! Not that I actually FOUND a sale mind you ....... on my To Do list today was a return to Home Sense ... some candle holders that just weren't going to work in our bedroom. Unfortunately, making returns often means spending more ... I return something ... have a 'look around' and voila ... before you know it, I've spent double what I returned! Why would today be ANY different? It wasn't!!!! The second I walked in they had all kinds of 'girly' bedroom stuff set up right at the front. I went straight for the blue table and chair set only
to be accosted by a fellow shopper who was quick to tell me it was already sold. I saw a white set, with a few marks on it (yes ... markdown!), made a beeline to the cash to ask ... 'how much will the discount be?' and pulled out the AMEX!!! Well...... actually I told her I would take it BUT ... I still had to shop around for some other things .... The other things I managed to find were some great baskets ... and now that I've got them home, I'm thinking ... I NEED more! Come on people ... all the baskets HAVE to match! So, tomorrow I will zip over and get whatever they have left (I can always return later ... right?!). The good news is I don't necessarily have to paint the table and/or chairs ... it just depends on whether I feel there needs to be more colour. So .... what do y'all think? Can you tell I'm getting a little excited (I mean 3 posts in one day!)? I get scared when that starts to happen ... must keep a reality check going! By the way, in my excitement ... I forgot to use the credit from my return ... all the more reason to go back for the rest of the baskets!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome finds. If there is one thing I learned about shopping at home sense it's that buy it when you see it or it will be gone. So now I buy first and return later!! I got the cutest little lady bug baskets. The down side about that store is half the time they only have one or two per style. And you always want three!!

~Kristen said...

Hi!!! I just found you from my sitemeter!! I love the work you have done on the furniture.. its beautiful. AND OMG... you are so close to referral.. Whats your LID? Would you mind if I linked you on mine?

Happy Chinese New Year!! :o)