Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Too Quiet

Usually by this time each month, rumours are running rampant ... when will the referrals be mailed/arrive, what will the cut off be ... but this month ... NOTHING!!! While the people of China celebrate and ring in the new year, us waiting parents are left hanging, wondering anxiously ... WHEN WILL WE GET OUR BABY???? I have tried to keep myself occupied ... physically and mentally ... in an attempt to keep from dwelling on the unknowns but it is getting a little harder each day to tell you the honest truth. I think I have been more than patient and frankly, the closer we get the more anxious and unsettled I become. As each month passes, I'm reminded ... you'll have a better idea by next month ... well THIS IS the next month. I can only hope, like many others, that the CCAA is going to send out a large batch EARLY in March. If so ... we could have our referral by end of March or early April ....... guess I'll have a better idea by NEXT month!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kept saying the same thing "We'll know more next month when referrals come in." But it has been about 15 next-months and I am none the wiser. I am starting to feel some anxiety every now and again. How dare the rumour queen take time off now when we need her the most. Here is hoping for a lot of days being matched. I am getting nervous that we are going to be separated. I'm hoping for 16+ days. The more days the happier I'll be. Of course, I think about 29 would be perfect. :)

~Kristen said...

I am wishing and praying that this next one is "your" month!!!!