Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Too Much to Handle ...

Why is it everything seems to happen all at once? I do think at times I take on a little more than I am fully prepared to handle.
It has been another couple of sleepness nights ... there is just soooo much turning over in my mind that it just can't seem to rest. First off ... the 'summer project'. There have been some improvements; the construction is progressing well as you can see from the photos below and our neighbours have taken it all in stride. Today however, unbeknownst to us, the guys removed the rest of the fence and have caused some damage to the neighbour's lawn. Yesterday they said they would excavate to get the concrete out so we could replace the posts and rebuild the fence to its original state ... except it seems they 'forgot' and oh, now the trucks are gone! Hmmm ... another detail to iron out.
Of course to complicate things I am off to our nation's capital tomorrow morning ... early ... and haven't yet packed! Well, it's a little difficult when one is teaching all day and then drives an hour to teach for another 4 hours at night. Why then am I taking time to write this post? Good question ... I don't have the answer! Maybe it is just that I need to get all this 'stuff' in my head organized and this is one way ... who knows?! So, the fact that I am in Ottawa will certainly make it a little tricky to 'network' with the 'pool guys'! Maybe this is just the kind of break I need!
AND of course there is the impending 'referral'! This of all things is eating away at me. There are good, solid rumours that make you, once again, believe you are in. Then the next rumour talks about the huge number of dossiers logged in for November, which makes you second guess and realize that July is probably most likely after all. BUT then you hear, the CCAA really wants to get out a good size batch this go around. Can you see why I am bordering on insanity here!? I don't know what to believe. My heart says, we will know who Cadence is in about 2 weeks, but my rational side (one I show VERY rarely) tells me not to count on it! I just want to know, one way or another so I can move on, sleep, have some normalcy for a few days ... IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK????
Okay, thanks for listening! I'm heading to the iron, suitcase and glass of wine. I'm taking the laptop with me but I'm really only planning to see what the RQ has to say. In the mean time, check out the progress. I think Cadence is just going to love it!
Day One and Two

No comments: