Friday, August 29, 2008

Hostess with the Mostest!

Most days Cadence makes sure her Night Garden guys are 'taken care of'! Each one of these characters is given food and drink ... she comes by this honestly I think!

Today we took the 'guys' out ... in a purse ... unfortunately I got stuck carrying this purse the most!

In Other News...

Yesterday I picked Cadence up from daycare at noon and as we were exiting the home, Cadence said, "Mama, backpack!" Honestly, how does a mere toddler remember a detail like that? I mean, there wasn't anything exciting in it other than a hat and sweatshirt AND let's face it, the mother didn't remember it! She's gonna keep me on track that's for sure.

Speaking of daycare, yesterday was her last 1/2 day ... Tuesday it's full speed ahead! I have spent the afternoons all week enjoying the moments I am going to miss and spending as much quality time as possible. Funny how after each nap this week, Cadence has fallen back asleep in my arms ... for an extra hour ... and I've let her and loved every second of it! This is what my heart will break for the most next week ...

Last night a small group of us girls from work took a colleague out for a nice dinner and a few drinks to celebrate her upcoming wedding. We arrived 'in style' ... for the 80s that is ... pictures to be revealed tomorrow ... too late to upload tonight ... I'm tired! It was a nice evening for a great lady! We are just so happy for you L!

And today, although I managed to drop into the local passport office without anyone in front of me, not all went well! She took one look at Cadence's picture and warned me that it would probably be rejected ... I'm ticked! I read EVERY bullet on that instruction sheet and NO WHERE does it mention no cute ponytail on the top of the head. She said they consider ponytails a head dress ... come on?????

Well, this is it ... the last weekend before I return to work! I am already starting to get a tight chest ... the anxiety (not the good kind!) is building. I know we will ALL manage just fine, but truly ... it is going to take some adjusting to. I've got the weekly spreadsheet prepared ... that should help. In the meantime, we are going to darn well enjoy these last few days with our girl!

Expect few words next week ... very few!

No comments: