Thursday, August 7, 2008

Long Overdue!

I have been meaning to share some of the 'cuteness' of Cadence's personality for a LONG time, but I tend to get sidetracked with photos. And to be honest, someday down the road I want to remember and recall all of the moments that made me smile ... and there are just sooooo MANY that I know I won't be able to remember them unless I've recorded it somewhere!!!! So today I want to focus on Cadence's three most widely used words: Uh-oh, Mine and No.

Uh-oh

This little phrase was originally a reaction to 'mistakes': a spill on clothing or the floor, dropping an item, a tear in a book, to name a few. It soon evolved however into a phrase used when our little 'angel' purposefully and with intent, spilled things, dropped things and tore pages in books. Today, uh-oh has once again been restored to its original form AND has even alerted Sean and I to issues such as the chair that fell into the pool or the hat that fell out of the stroller unbeknownst to us! (Unbeknownst ... is that even a real word?)

Mine

Let's just say I almost purchased the letters for this word to put on the outside of Cadence's bedroom door. Then, I rethought that idea and figured it would more appropriately be placed prominantly on the front door of our house! Yes, everything and ANYTHING is Cadence's ... according to her ... the toys, the juice, the furniture, the pool ... when it comes to typical behaviour, she certainly doesn't disappoint!

No

For the longest time, Cadence was a yes girl ... how I miss those days! As of this last week, "NO!" is the answer to EVERYTHING (except, 'Do you want ice cream?'). And with such attitude I might add! I've tried to stop asking her things but she hasn't seemed to take notice of this ... she still tells us quite effectively that she is not interested in whatever food, activity or request we are presenting to her. And she really MEANS what she says ... I won't admit it to her now or in the near future, but someday, I'll confess how darn cute she was when being defiant. Truly it is adorable ... for now! Okay, some days not so much, but mostly!

Okay, only three weeks left before I head back to work ... when these posts will undoubtedly be fewer and farther between, so I will do my best to keep the updates coming til then ... I said I'll TRY!

No comments: