Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Week in Review

Once again, I have failed to keep this 'up to date' ... so, I'll just give you some of the week's highlights and of course, photos! With any luck you can check back tomorrow for some video clips.

Confirmation
It appears that my 'diagnosis' was correct: HFMD. The doctor recommended taking Cadence off the antibiotics. We did so and she continues to be her old self. At this point her feet are also cleared up ... so all is good for now!

Baseball
We took in the opportunity to catch daddy's ball game. Cadence cheered her dad on briefly but after chasing her off the field and out of the dugout, mommy gave up and headed home ... we really only missed the last 10 minutes of the game. The point in the game where Sean's team turned things around and won! Way to go Cooper Tire!


Registration
Remember all that complaining I did about the gymnastics 'workout'? I've chosen to subject myself, I mean Cadence, to it again! Little did I know that registering for this fall program would be an 'event' in and of itself! I arrived, with Cadence in tow, about a half hour past the starting time, to stand at the end of a LONG line that stretched right out the doors ... under the big, black, heavy clouds! Yep, within 20 minutes ... rain ... heavy, bucketfuls of rain! The club managed to move everyone inside, but in the chaos, many individuals lost their 'places'. I managed to score in the move, but in good conscience, had to relinquish my post ... I don't need to make enemies there just yet! AND then, just as I was approaching the end of the long line, I discovered I didn't have the required cash OR cheque! Thankfully, they took whatever little I had in my wallet as a down payment, so ... gymnastics is ON! Not sure if I'm excited about that yet ...

Getting Away From It All!
I was fortunate this week to have an opportunity for a girls' night away ... overnight even! After the stressful weekend, this was just what the doctor ordered. Myself and a couple of girlfriends headed to the city for dinner, theatre and drinks ... followed by some shopping. Good food, good wine, good friends ... that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

"Nope" and "Mmmm Hmmm"
Cadence has replaced no with 'nope' and that is her answer to just about EVERYTHING!!!! Not only does she say it incessantly ... she MEANS it! And yes, has been replaced with "mm, hmm" ... she's like a teenager! Honestly!!! Here she is using one of her other favourite words ... "MINE" ... which in this picture refers to the truck. Nice try peanut!

Changing It Up
We pulled out the sprinkler to entertain Cadence this weekend ... there were few choices given the heat! Oh, what about the pool? "NOPE" ... not interested on this particular day!


Dinners with Family and Friends
This weekend we had Sean's family down for a BBQ and pool party to celebrate our neice's visit from Calgary. Thankfully the weather was cooperative ... HOT even! Cadence really took to everyone, especially Mackenzie ... she is the first 'sitter' to get our girl to sleep! Thank you Mac!
We then had an invitation to enjoy dinner at some friends the next evening ... yay ... a night off for me!
Sorry, no photos for either occasion ... I'm slipping ... I know!

Random Photos
Here is our girl balancing my cheque book:

Every girl needs to primp:

Well, that should keep you going for a bit .... thanks for checking in!

No comments: