Thursday, May 8, 2008

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Cadence has finally made it to the point at daycare where ..... she'd rather STAY!!!!  The nerve!  Of course I am happy that she is happy there, but there's the other part of me that feels a tad bit rejected ... this is normal ... right???
At Tots class today, Cadence made a 'flower garden' painting with her hand prints ... so cute!  She is totally into the 'arts and crafts' activities that Miss Eileen does every week ... we just might have a budding artist on our hands!
The weather has been discouraging to say the least, so we've been spending all our time indoors. Cadence is beginning to really enjoy certain programs on tv.  Months ago she would 'tune in' when ever there were musical segments ... only lasting 2-3 minutes.  Now she sits and actually focuses and really watches.  Favourites are ... Dora, obviously, Diego, Ni Hao Kai Lan (the one that first held her attention ... coincidence? ... I think not!) and In the Night Garden.  Last night she was laughing like crazy as Igglepiggle made tiddles appear.  Sean and I and Cadence watch this show religiously at 7:30 every night ... it is part ... no ... KEY ... to our night time routine!  Let me just tell you this is the MOST ridiculous thing I have seen on tv ... EVER!!!  I am convinced the writer must be on something ... something good!  Although the idea is for Cadence to be lulled to sleep, Sean or I are usually the ones doing a fair number of head bobs and fighting sleep.
Here's hoping for some action outdoors tomorrow!

No comments: