Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Growing up ...

Here are a few other shots from the weekend. It amazes me to realize how quickly Cadence is growing up ...
Tonight she shocked me. We were laying down watching In the Night Garden as we always do. The phone rang but as this is our bedtime ritual I wasn't about to answer it and Cadence herself appeared to ignore it as well ... or so I thought. After the rings ceased, she quietly got up and a moment later she was standing over me handing me the phone ... how smart is that????
She is just the most amazing little person in the whole world ... just ask me!
Anyway, on with 'the show'!
Here is Cadence 'mowing the lawn' with her new PINK bubble mower ... we shopped til we dropped at Toys 'R Us this weekend. Bring on those airmiles!

And here she is, with her adorable little leather sandals, playing in the dirty sand. She is a magnet for dirt, puddles, etc. ... you name it ... but ... she will be the prettiest tomboy EVER!! Oh, and as for the sand at the end of MY driveway ... sore spot here! Once again this year, I spent a decent amount of time sweeping the dirt off the road in front of our house and driveway (like all the retired folks on the block). And then ... the street sweeper comes by and dumps it right back in front of only one drive ... MINE!!!! Yeesh!

Look who can now open and reach into my makeup and hair accessory drawer. Is it any wonder I can't find my mascara or favourite lip gloss?

Stage one potty training ... hoping I've bought my last big box of diapers! A girl can dream right?

Poor little soul took a not so little dive. She insisted on applying the ice pack all by herself. She's one tough cookie!

No comments: