Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Earthquake in China

I have yet to comment on the devastation that has and continues to take place in China as a result of the earthquake. I'm not really sure why ... perhaps it's because I like to keep things light, or because China has had so much negative publicity recentlly, or because it seems so far removed at this point in our lives. Whatever the reason, you should know that Cadence was born and adopted from Sichuan province ... it is a huge part of her history and it bears some acknowledgement ... finally. Sichuan is a very large province and luckily my daughter's birth city, foster home and social welfare institute were unharmed in this trajedy ... many other children, parents and citizens were not so fortunate. Please take time to think of the newly orphaned children as well as the parents who are now finding themselves without their child ... it is heartbreaking.
There are many horrific and telling photos that have been shared in the media ... I don't need to share them again. For a softer look at the situation CLICK HERE . The fourth photo really leaves me with a sense of awe.
Oh, how lucky we are!

No comments: