Sunday, May 11, 2008

Finally!

This day comes filled with many mixed emotions. I am GRATEFUL, so very grateful to be Cadence's mom! I treasure and take delight in every moment with her ... I NEVER imagined I could be brought to tears simply by the amount of love I have for my daughter. She is everything and more! I truly feel like the luckiest mom in the world!
On this day, however,there is also a small part of me that can't help but remember the years of pain and anguish I felt about not being a mom. It was a lonely place and the pain of that will always be a part of me ... For those still waiting, I get you!
I must also take a moment to share my deepest gratitude to the woman who gave Cadence life and me the opportunity to be a mother. Without her, my dream could not have been realized ... may she take comfort in knowing that Cadence is loved beyond reason......
'Nuff said!
So ... how did I spend this, my first Mother's Day? Well ... the day started in bed with my girl ... she even hand delivered me a card. How great is that!

There was an offer of breakfast in bed, but with Winston and Cadence sharing the space ... I thought better of it!
Cadence also helped me unwrap my present...I could never have imagined that I would be in the market for a family ring one day...but low and behold, here is the first piece of what will become my family ring:

I have long admired my good friend Nancy's ring ... she was kind enough to share information about it. It is called a 'fusion ring' and is created by a series of rings that fit together in a variety of ways. It will take a number of 'occasions' before I can call my ring complete, but I am happy that it is started. Thank you Sean!!!!
The remainder of the day was spent just hanging out and 'playing' AND my girl gave me quite a present herself ... a full TWO hour nap ... yippee!!!
We then went out for dinner.
Here's Cadence before we left:

Here she is after:

Not bad considering we had italian huh!?
What can I say .. it was a GREAT day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!

PennyWolfe said...

Happy Mother's Day.

~Kristen said...

Sorry I haven't been commenting much.. but I'm still here and always reading... Had to come out though to wish a...

VERY HAPPY MOTHERS DAY DEB!!!

Sounds like you had a great day and I LOVE that ring... what a meaning gift.

ps... we need to update your blog header sometime... don't ever think I'd be offended if you changed it, it definitely needs some big girl photos!!!

geminirn said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!Love the ring...how thoughtful your hubby is!